Marsden Park

Marsden Park - unveiling of War MemorialThe Park was created by Marsden Council in 1912, on land given to the village by four local millowners: John Edward Crowther, Samuel Firth, Arthur Robinson, and E J Bruce.

It contains a War Memorial to the 172 Marsden dead in the First World War, and a memorial to the Marsden dialect poet, Samuel Laycock, who died in 1894, according to the memorial, although his dates are generally reckoned to be 1826-1893.